1986 prov150j oil injection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
    The problem appears to be not following instructions (which is common) for some reason, people ask for help, get help (for free) but continue to zig zag all over the place, rather than systematically trouble shoot as explained.
    And not understanding that the business happens or not happens not by switching the supply (+) but by the unconventional switching to the earth, body, ground (-) of various wires.
    Already reiterated above.

Comment

what is unconventional about using the ground path?
      probably 90 % of all DC digital circuits use this "logic"
      hence the term LOW lights the light.
      almost all Yamaha circuits function on the low lights the light circuit.
      about the only one that does not is the yellow lamp for the two stroke low remote tank lamp.

Comment

I have followed all the instructions. I have said all along the wiring checks good yet all I get is "check the wiring". Two days ago I went ahead and ordered the 200.00 control module. Just plugged it in and that was in fact the problem all along. Thanks Rodbolt for your help. I much appreciate it.

Comment

When faced with a one off problem, and you don't do this very often, is when to make the call (or more to convince yourself) and replace a part.
          And you are only sure about it when in fact it worked.
          My reference to unconventional was a broad reference to electrical circuits. If you haven't dwelled (?) into logic circuits it does not immediately occur to you that "switching" is done to "-ve".

Comment

Hell, we can't even agree if current flows from + to - or from - to +.

Or if 12 volts is better than 24 volts.

Or if 110 is better than 120.

Or which side of the road to drive on.

Or to join the rest of the world and use the SI system.

Yam can't make up their mind about using a ground or positive side. The key switch provides the positive, not the ground. The starter switch provides the positive and not the negative. Obviously they can't decide on what wire colours to use as they are not consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Hell, we can't even agree if current flows from + to - or from - to +.

Or if 12 volts is better than 24 volts.

Or if 110 is better than 120.

Or which side of the road to drive on.

Or to join the rest of the world and use the SI system.

Yam can't make up their mind about using a ground or positive side. The key switch provides the positive, not the ground. The starter switch provides the positive and not the negative. Obviously they can't decide on what wire colours to use as they are not consistent.
              And why do we even use the words positive and negative the way we attribute them?. Ask the electron he is not positive either.
              Last edited by zenoahphobic; 05-04-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
                And why do we even use the words positive and negative the way we attribute them?. Ask the electron he is not positive either.
                I try to be more positive but with all you negatives around me it is difficult. This positive and you negatives repel.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  I try to be more positive but with all you negatives around me it is difficult. This positive and you negatives repel.
                  If I had my say I would stamp all battery terminals the other way around.
                  I remember when automobile chassis were positive and not negative. Who was the idiot responsible for changing chassis to negative?

Comment

Working...
                  X