2000 Digital yamaha speed gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seastars, will you call the FAA for me?

I just got off the phone with the local FAA office. I have an older model Cessna with its original speedometer in the air plane but it also has a several thousand dollar GPS receiver in it as well. I was telling the FAA about how useless the speedometer is and asked if I should be using GPS when landing and taking off. He said not only no but hell no. I am to use the old antiquated and obsolete speedometer instead, he said. Heck, that thing is much older than a Yamaha marine speedometer.

I told him about the advice I was receiving from you and that what you are saying makes perfectly good sense. He said that if I used my GPS to take off and land that I would be in violation of laws and could very well crash and burn. I could not reason with the man. I suspect that he is simply lacking in knowledge. I told him that I would see if you could call him and reason with him. Obviously he does not have the expertise that you have.

Send me a PM and I will give you his name and phone number.

Comment

What if a boat is not equipped with a GPS?

In your short life all you have known is GPS. There are many out here that got by boating very well without having a GPS installed.

In fact, GPS is for idiots who might not be able to navigate without it.

Comment

Working...
      X