f40 2011 buzzer alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f40 2011 buzzer alarm

Hi, I am new to this forum and was wondering if someone can help. My f40 2011 buzzer alarm sounds as soon as you start the motor and continues to beep in neutral but as soon as you place the motor in gear the buzzer stops. It is not the buzzer sensor itself because I replaced it, also changed the oil in the engine and replaced the thermostat. Can't seem to figure this out any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks for your time Wyattchesley !

Empty your fuel filter cup,and all be fine.Water in fuel filter alarm is what you are sounding.

Comment

And after you have emptied water from your fuel filter, and found why the water got in there in the first place, then take the time to read your owner's manual. The complete manual. All of it. In the time it took for you to have needlessly replaced the warning horn, the buzzer and the thermostat, you would have gotten to page 31. At least.

See page 31 regarding the specific problem you are currently having.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/def...8626-10-18.pdf

Comment

Will try that,
        thanks !

Comment

Cleaned the fuel filter cup and also replaced the filter in the water separator in my fuel line and the alarm still sounds like before. Anybody have any other suggestions or have had this problem.

Comment

Bad sensor switch. Disconnect the connector and watch the problem go away.

Comment

Can you tell me exactly where the sensor switch is as I am no outboard mechanic, thanks again for your time !

Comment

Should be in the fuel filter/water separator

Comment

It is a part of the filter cup. The cup should have some electrical leads coming from it that go to an electrical connector. Disconnect the connector and see if the alarm stops.

The filter cup is at the front of the motor. You will have to remove the cowling to see it.

Comment

thanks, I unplugged the sensor from the cup and the alarm stops so I'm going to purchase a new one to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinTurbos
                      ???, do engines filled with water run?
                      This post is about a false positive warning of an alarm system. Not about engines filled with water running.

Focus. Focus.

You might want to start your own post about engines filled with water running. Hopefully, someone can give you the answer you are seeking.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinTurbos
                        There is nothing false positive about a fuel system overrun with water, you might well get a buzzer, but there will be no ignition, that is the result of water in an internal combustion engine. A bright kindergarten graduate would know this. You might be fooling some of the people here, that you can diagnose every engine fault without ever seeing the engine, but you can not, no one can, not even the people who built the engine can do that, and that goes for any engine, from any manufacturer, whether the engine be in a toy airplane or in the biggest container ship afloat.
                        Please tell us when op stated that he found water in his fuel system

Comment

You may want to read the above posts again.

The buzzer STILL went off even after emptied/cleaned.

From the OP;

"thanks, I unplugged the sensor from the cup and the alarm stops so I'm going to purchase a new one to see what happens".

As directed, he disconnected the switch, the buzzer stopped. By reason of deduction, the buzzer is bad... Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

May I ask what your experiance is mechanically? (not being a smart a$$)
                          Scott
                          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

its not the first water detect switch in that cup that ever failed.
                            why Yamaha engineers mapped the ECU to only sound a water detect in N is beyond me.
                            try to get it warrenteed, Yamaha did have some issues with certain switch's.

Comment

The guy (seastars/twin turbos) has a serious reading and comprehension disorder.

OP was first informed to check the fuel filter cup for the presence of water. OP did this and reported that there was no water in the cup. No water in the cup means likely no water to the engine.

Customer was informed to read the owner's manual as the owner's manual addresses an intermittent warning tone if and when the motor is in neutral.

After the OP confirmed there was no water in the filter cup he was then informed to disconnect the sensor on the basis that the sensor has failed. This is a known issue with certain Yamaha filter cups. OP did this and the warning tone in neutral ceased.

seastars could not follow the threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X