carburetors adjustment on 115 V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburetors adjustment on 115 V4

As tou can see on the pictures, my carburetors are stamped 6E515. I don't know how old they are.
    I'm looking for the good air adjustment screws amount of turns.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

A complete motor model # will get you some better responses maybe

Comment

tell ya what.
      we can trade.
      you get me the part number for my altenator on my ford and I can tell you the number of turns.

Comment

Originally posted by vintageus66 View Post
        As tou can see on the pictures, my carburetors are stamped 6E515. I don't know how old they are.
        I'm looking for the good air adjustment screws amount of turns.

Thanks in advance
        Might be 1999 but serial number would help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOrrett View Post
          Might be 1999 but serial number would help.
          You spoiled our fun!

But, I agree with your data.

Comment

Maybe this forum needs to be like some programs that won't allow a poster to proceed unless he puts his complete model with his request for help.

On the other hand, maybe we should all just guess and throw wild answers at questions. Garbage in, garbage out.

Comment

the 6E5 simply refers too the first model Yamaha made that that carb was used on.
              some v6 carbs are stamped 6E5.
              that's why we get some really weired numbers as Yamaha makes a lot of product that the parts used were not for the marine outboard side.

I have also seen V4 carbs stamped with a 6G5.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                You spoiled our fun!

But, I agree with your data.
                Sorry boscoe, but after a couple of beers I was in a charitable mood

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                  the 6E5 simply refers too the first model Yamaha made that that carb was used on.
                  some v6 carbs are stamped 6E5.
                  that's why we get some really weired numbers as Yamaha makes a lot of product that the parts used were not for the marine outboard side.

I have also seen V4 carbs stamped with a 6G5.
                  This post from last year makes reference to 2 different carbs on the same engine

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...s-th21081.html

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOrrett View Post
                    This post from last year makes reference to 2 different carbs on the same engine

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...s-th21081.html
                    Which I suspect was something done by some "backyardigan" after he had enjoyed a few pints or more of ale down at his local pub house.

If one cares to go to the Yamaha USA website (Brits stay out) it can be seen that all Yamaha 115 two strokes* (C115, P115, B115, S115, 115) use a carburetor the part number of which begins with a 6E5 prefix. It is no coincidence that the Yamaha 115 two stroke model identities begin with a 6E5 prefix.

* The exception is that beginning with the 2004 model year 115TXRC the carburetors changed such that they begin with the prefix 6N6. I can only guess that a completely different carburetor was needed to meet US EPA requirements. Who knows?

Comment

For non US 6E5 PID is for 115A and 115B, for 115C is PID 6N6 however 115B and 115C use the same carb (couldn't check for 115A)

2004 US 115TLR match with world market 115CETO (2004), 115TXR just was not made for EU on that year

Comment

Thanks for the answers.
                        Here is the identification plate (i don't know why the photo is not in the right way). The motor was built in 1990.
                        When i bought it, there were 2 carburetors :
                        - 6E512 for the top
                        - 6K701 for the bottom one
                        They needed to be changed, that's why i bought those used E515, with no more informations on them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That appears to be a 1990 model according to my Almetelo chart.

He might be able to see the prefixes of the carburetors that were installed on that years model. The model was not distributed here in the USA so I don't have that information.

All that I am able to see is that all 115 models distributed in the USA all used the same prefix carburetor, either a 6E5 or a 6N6. But not one of each and certainly not a 6K7.

The "man in the know" Almetelo probably can tell. He has top secret sources to Yamaha data.

Comment

No top secret sources here

Comment

115A use the same carb as latest B and C series

6K7 may be a 225B carb !? it will match!?

This motor is yours since new?

Comment

Working...
                              X