carburetors adjustment on 115 V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the 6K7 fit the old 220 excel.
    the venture diameter is almost twice the diameter of the 6E5 or 6G6.

Comment

this relates to what I found on the net : 6K701 seems to be used on 200 or 225 hp. It was mounted when i bought the motor 2 1/2 years ago.
      After one year of use, i gave it to fix to a (supposed) naval mechanic : the slow motion was too high (1800 rpm) and the mas speed was too slow (4400 rpm). I skip the details but when i got my boat 10 months after (yes, yes, 10 months), the slow motion was good (800 rpm) but the max speed was worst (2200 rpm). That's why i decided to do it myself ... but i need to learn a lot of things.
      At the moment, i've set the 4 air screw at 1/2 turn on the 6E515 but i need beetween 50 and 100 key starter before the motor turns.
      This is the reason for my question at the beginning
      Last edited by vintageus66; 09-09-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

dismantle both carbs and check if a least they looks identical (however this means nothing)

Check jets # (sizes) on both carbs.

Comment

Why not ask the guy what he did to the motor?

Comment

@almetelo : they have been dismantled, cleaned in a ultrasound machine and dryed with compressed air. Jets were the same. But the air screw adjustements were totally different of what is advised by yamaha.

@99yam40 : because he is far away now

Comment

e mail and phones reach a long way

Comment

and at the end of the day,phone,email.
                the 6K7 carbs will fit the V4 but the venturies and the jetting are wildly different.

Comment

he is far away and i don't know where he is. I even don't know his name.

This week-end i've dismounted the carburetors. When i opende one, i've mesured the float height. The first was 17 mm and the other was 17.5 instead of 16 +/- 0,5 mm on constructor values.
                  Is it enough to explain its difficult start ?
                  If it isn't what is the result of a non good float heihgt adjusment ?

Comment

Working...
                  X