c115 thermoswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c115 thermoswitch

does anybody knows at what temperature the thermoswitches should go off on yamaha c115 1995 please?
    i am trying to find out why my overheat alarm goes off on my boat, only at WOT 6 passengers onboard after 10 mn ride.
    i replaced the water pump kit ( the old one was not bad at all) replaced also the 2 thermostats and the popet valve kit, still the same.
    when i run the boat with no thermostat or not loaded or not wot it is fine.
    the pee hole is clean and the water stream coming off is very strong and the water jacket is clean, i can see thru the thermostats holes and when i rebuilt the engine last year the heads were clean, mainly fresh water use.
    i checked the head temperatures with a gun thermometer when the alarm went off and it was 136f and going up as it should be, until 155f -160f . is it too hot?
    if not i guess one thermoswitch is bad.
    thank's for your help
    frenchy
    Last edited by cyrillefrenchy; 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM.

Overheat Sensor comes on at 183-194 degrees(F) and goes off at 140-165 degrees. Thermostats open at 118-126 degrees
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you very much, this is what i thougt, i checked thermoswitches today, one of them goes on at 135 degrees and the other is going on at 185.
      2 new switches are on their way.
      frenchy

Comment

Does your motor have 2 over temp switches or is one the warmed up switch and the other the over temp?

my C40 has the warmed up switch that operates around 100 F and the over temp at 200 F

Comment

yes i have 2 overheat sensors, 1 on each bank of cylinders, it is a v4 and they are connected parallele

Comment

Working...
          X