Service manual and gas/oil ratio for C40PLRV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service manual and gas/oil ratio for C40PLRV

Just purchased a used boat, motor, and trailer. I was told the motor is a 1997, and the ID tag says it is a C40PLRV, model code 6E9. It is a 2 stroke 40HP. When I bought it I was told the gas/oil ratio was 100:1. I bought a service manual off the internet that was supposed to be for my motor (LIT-18616-01-50), but my model is not specifically referenced in the manual. A C40PRV is listed, though. The manual says all the models in it are 50:1 gas/oil ratio. What does the PLRV stand for, and can anyone confirm the correct gas/oil ratio and servce manual for this engine?
    Thanks,
    Ken

All the 40 hp motors I have seen were 50:1

Look at the bottom of this page, it will tell you what the letters stand for.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...ard/parts.html

Comment

The C40(and below) engines are 100:1 oil ratio, you can view the owners manual at Yamaha's web site at www.yamaha-motor.com that will give that information.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

My 1999 C40TLRX owners manual states 50:1 and so does the 1998 C40 manual at the Yamaha site you indicated. Unless they changed between 1997 and 1998 I would stick with the 50:1

Comment

Yes the 1997 is a different engine, it's the older two cylinder engine, the newer 3 cylinder engine uses 50:1 oil ratio. You can use 50:1, the plugs may not last as long and would need to decarbon engine at least yearly.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X