93 200 txrr wont rev over 2000 rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 200 txrr wont rev over 2000 rpms

How do you attach the new spark plug caps ?? All that was included was rubber boot with a coiled sping? I thought for $5.00 a wire I would get the whole spark plug wire.Also the motor cutts out at 2000 rpms . The carbs were cleaned 3X and blown out with compressed air (no dirt, gum,or blockage was seen)and new Yamaha kits installed .No alarms went off, oil use and engine temp normal.New waterpump,popit valve and thermostats put in ,good pee stream. New plugs, compression 122-126 in 1-6 . I think the motor is still going in alarm mode and causes the motor to not rev greater than 2000rpms . I'm stumped at this point!

fuel pumps? check spark jump?

Comment

The coil spring has a sharp point on the link that sticks out and that stabs through the coil wire to make contact with the inner core of the wire. The sparkplug wire itself just unscrews from the coil. Did you check them with an ohm meter first? What makes you think they are bad? Does your warning horn work normally if you did get an overheat? You can test the system by unplugging one of the sensors and contacting the two plugs together then turn the ignition to ON and you should get a blaring horn and flashing overheat light on the Tach of that engine. Other than that I'd say yes the motor thinks it's in an overheat and gone to "SLOW" mode. Strange problem.

Mike.......... Miami, FL

Comment

Working...
      X