Uneven running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneven running

I have a 60hp manual tilt autolube approx 1989 model that runs at throttle very uneven.It shakes from left to right at an alarming rate yet it accelerate and run very well.Is there anyone who can advise how to get it to run smoother?

Check compression on all cylinders, spark on all cylinders, timing, and clean up the carbs. Adjust linkage and the pilot adjusting screws to factory specs in your manual.

Comment

Uneven running 60hp

Thanks for the advice - will try but I do not have my manual anylonger and I do not know the factory settings.I will do the other suggestions though.

Comment

If it runs good but idles rough then it's a pretty sure bet that it's dirty/plugged low speed carb jets. You can remove carbs and try to clean them yourself or take it to the Yamaha dealer and pay him about $150 to clean them for you. Anyways after you get carbs cleaned start using Stabil Marine Fuel Stabilizer, install a fuel/water separator. Not a bad idea to learn to drain carb float chambers(very easy/quick job), a few times a year to prevent debris/water from plugging carbs. Be gad it's the idle jets plugged and not the high speed jets which could cause leam mixture and fry a piston$$$ Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X