Paranoid about blocked cooling passage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranoid about blocked cooling passage

I had a blockage in my cooling system last season that did not drain, it cracked my block and cylinder head. I run my boat in heavily silty water, I am paranoid about winter storage this year and am wondring if anyone has any ideas to troubleshot a blocked cooling passage. I have flushed the crap out of this engine in the lake and in my driveway with a hose. Curious to see if anyone has any suggestions short of pullung it off and laying it in my garage? I have stuck my hands all over the top of the block while running it and it seems cool to the touch? I run a 115 jet four stoke 06. Thanks

Not sure if this engine has a flushing attachment. If it does you need to run the earmuffs and flushing attachment at the same time. I think you need to get the thermostats to open to clear any mud out. I'm not familar with these jet drives but the guys that have them are usually in water with stuff that would snag props, or shallow water. The factory should realize this and have some flushing feature standard OB's don't have.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
    X