Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 1990 175 hard to Idle, dies, carb problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1990 175 hard to Idle, dies, carb problem?

I started the engine on muffs, and idled fine. Took her out for the first time (just got boat). put on water and couldn't get it to idle, changed fuel, plugs and cleaned main jets on carb, and cleaned 5 idle jets I wasn't able to remove the bottom one on the left side of motor, out of the 5 i cleaned 3 were pluged with devry. would one carb idle jet cause it to not idle and run rough? Should i removed all carbs and clean install a kit ? I also played around with the air mixture screw, got it to idle but doesn't run like it should. seems slow off the throtle, then it picks up.

No reply's. Cleaned carbs runs like a champ

Comment

When time allows perform a compression check on the engine to give you a baseline of the overall engine condition. If you can only get to five out of six cylinders this would be better than nothing. All cylinders should be within 10-15% of each other.

Comment

Hey there...I have a Pro V 200 and I just cleaned the carbs...how do I re-adjust them? I'm having a hell of a time trying to keep my engine idling once it starts. I can only keep it at fast idle..even then it sounds rough..
        Connley

Comment

Working...
        X