Vapor Seperator Tank Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapor Seperator Tank Filter

I drained the VST and looked at the filter, it was clean. But when I tried to re-install it, it seems to jam going into the vst and I can't (without using a lot of force) get it to mate back together. I am fairly sure that I have everything installed on the fuel pump correctly. How hard should I push? The yellow plastic cover on the filter looks like it should be flexible enough to fit in. But I'm coming to a pretty "hard" feel and I still have 3/8th of an inch to mate the tank back together. Going to order a new filter but was wondering if anyone had run into a similar problem.

I think I found the problem. The fuel pump outlet o-ring was not in place and distorted, going get a new o-ring and try again.

The engine is a 2001 150 hp HPDI Z150txrz

Any tips or tricks on seating the fuel pump outlet collar and o-ring?

The manual is not clear. I am guessing that you simply slide the collar over the fuel pump outlet then the o-ring over the fuel pump outlet. then insert the fuel pump into the vst cover?

Comment

When I removed the fuel pump from the vst cover, the o-ring and collar stayed inside the cover. When I tried to install it by placing the collar and oring on the pump outlet (see picture), the o-ring "rolled over" the collar and got jammed. Going to try it again with a new o-ring.

Or is the o-ring and collar supposed to be installed in the vst cover and then the fuel pump inserted?

Tips anyone?
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X