Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best fuel filter for outboard motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best fuel filter for outboard motor?

What is the best external fuel filter for 90 yamaha outboard ? I'd like to hook one up between gas tank and motor ? Do i really need to have one ?
    Thanks

Yes you probable do need a ext filter-search Yam site for paticulars.

Yamaha 10 micron---best choice

Many folks are having problems with the ethonol in the gas---that will help

They work!!!

Comment

A fuel/water seperator is an absolute must for good dependable motor performance. the Yamaha 10 micron units have to be great, just a bit expensive. I use the Walmart fuel/water seperator($27), easy to install, works like a charm. new Walmart filter cartridges about $7, I just unscrew mine, dump the water/trash and re-install it. this works fine on my boat with above board, external fuel tanks that I can dump and clean easily. with under deck built in tanks maybe you need a new cartridge more often, depending on how much water/junk is in your system. Good Luck!

Comment

I installed the Yamaha fuel/water separator when my F60 was new and have been very pleased with performance. I just replace the spin on filter every 100 hours. Check with boats.net for price and size for your 90. There may be cheaper filters, but I figure it's cheap insurance knowing I have the filter designed and sold by Yamaha. You bought the best outboard, so spring for the best filter...just my opinion.

Just noticed that they have the Yamaha 10 micron filter/separator for $36, here is the link: http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/Y-...PAR-AT-OR.html

Last edited by gpm414; 07-28-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X