Fuel enrichment valve solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel enrichment valve solenoid

Recently I purchased a used 2004 19' Polar CC with a Yamaha 2003 130 HP 2 stroke outboard motor. Until recently everything was working fine. Last night I had a hard time starting the motor. Eventually it did start and then restarted very easily. While examining the motor for potential problems I noticed the fuel enrichment value solenoid had a hole in the top of the valve. I could not tell if something fell out of it or if it was supposed to be open. The opening is about 3/16" and looked like it was partically closed with a waxy material. It is located on top of the intake silencer cover. I am assuming the purpose for the solenoid it to enrich the gas mixture when I am cold starting the motor. Can anyone tell me if the solenoid is supposed to be open or does something belong in the hole in the top of the valve.

The 130 has choke plates not a prime starter. It has an electric solenoid that pulls choke plates closed when activate choke on key switch. Choke it with key and see if choke plates are closing, if not check for 12 volts positive and ground to solenoid when activate choke at key.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Everything is now working just fine. The solenoid pulls the choke plates. I suppose the opening in the top of the solenoid is not a problem. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
      X