Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt-Trim Wireing Problem - Yamaha 40hp year 2000

Hi everyone:

I have a 2000 Yamaha 40 hp. the tilt-trim is not working and the gague is not hooked up. I'm hoping that getting the gague hooked up right will solve my problems. Does anyone have an idea about what color the wires would be coming from the engine to the tilt switch on the throttle or from the guage to what points?
    The gauge has one wire connected to each connection on the back. One is brown and the other is purple. They are not connected to anything and are about a foot long with circular screw conectors on their ends.
    Anyone know where I can find the information or a wiring diagram of this on the internet?
    Thanks for reading.

The gauge doesn't affect trim operation, the trim will work with or without a gauge. The gauge is only connected to trim sender on engine bracket, it is not connected to trim switch on control box.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi:
      Thanks for the reply. Well then I must have a problem either in the Tilt switch or the Tilt unit. Do you know if the engine has a fuse located in it that is for the tilt? Everything else works on the engine.
      Thanks again for the answer.
      Herm

Comment

No only main fuse. The dip switch in tach will need to be set for 3 wire trim sender, first switch put in down position. Make sure both off white colored square connectors on engine are connected to harness going to gauges. Test trim sender to see if within specs.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X