Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling water pressure sensors

Boats.net,
    I have twin F250,s (2007) with the round command link gauges. At the end of last season all was working well with the cooling water pressure sensors. After launching my boat and trial ran I can not get the gauges (both engines) to display the cooling water pressure mode. It is as if they do not exist. Seems kind of odd that both engines are doing this. I checked the plug in connections and all seems well. Are there any fuses for these sensors, or something I need to reset/reprogram? Anything in the ECM? Any suggestions?

There is an bulletin out for replacement of water pressure and speed sensors on Command Link sensors. Take it to your dealer to have update done(warranty will cover sensors) and see if that resolves problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Boats.net
      Could you send me a copy of the bulletin?

Thank you

Comment

boats.net

I was able to get a copy of the bulletin and it just says a more "robust" design is available. I do not think that is my problem. Logic tells me somewhere between the sensors and the gauges the signal is being loss. The wiring travels as follows; from sensor to ECM to a plug in block (4P) to another plug in block (4P) to the gauge. Is there a tech manual/bulletin available or any information available so I may troubleshoot the problem. Information such as specfied voltages and ohms at certain points and conditions to help in pinpointing the problem. I know this is covered under my warranty but I prefer this route if it is something simple to fix instaed of having my boat layed up at the dealer for a week. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

You have to start at the sensors(check for blockage and faulty sensor) and since the sensors are covered under warranty I would replace them to see if solved problem.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X