Yamaha Fuel Management gauge dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Fuel Management gauge dead

I have twin 2005 Yamaha 4 stroke--fmg is dead. I have no power to it. Can anybody help? I also would need the manual on this gauge. Last year it started to not function right-when hitting the mode buttton it didn't cycle through the functions, but I did get readings. Like I said no power to it at all (and yes I turned the ignitions key).

another note..I did just have new water impellors installed-lower unit was taken off for the installation..is it possible something was not attached, therefore giving me no reading?

Thanks.

it needs 12v to work, you would need to test harness and connections. if it HAS 12v and a good ground and no display then gauge is bad.

Comment

Where do I begin to check? Does the plug harness come out of the gauge?

Comment

Should have 12 volts between red and black wire, should have 12 volts between yellow and black wire with ignition key on. Check the inline fuse on red and yellow wire in gauge harness(goes between key switch and gauges)
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

most likely a ground prob if not gauge on yours is it saltwater

Comment

Yes, I keep the boat in saltwater. But aren't these gauges made for this enviroment? They are for use in a boat. I just think 4 years is awful quick to go bad.

I will check the fuses and the power.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X