2004 115 TLRC- Con'td-Overheat buzzer and light flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 115 TLRC- Con'td-Overheat buzzer and light flashing

Ok. Decided to start a new thread. After hooking yellow and blue wire to see if could light the tach face up, tach now works fine. Weird but I will take it. All Oil lights steady and full, trim indicators work.

Turn key on, buzzer stays on and light flashes. (Somebody please tell me that this condition goes away after it has been started- I would be embarrased but happy!) Thermo switches test fine, disconnecting either or both does not change buzzer or light. All components in wiring are new.

What else would cause an overheat condition (Buzzer/light) on a cold motor. Motor was ran before being shipped. I have the service manual and wire diagram/owner manual. Besides the orange wire going no-where, I can't figure this one out. I don't want to start it until it is resolved.

2004 115 TLRC- Con'td-Overheat buzzer and light flashing

I went ahead and hooked up the muffs and the hose, primed it with 50:1 gas, verified no fuel leaks, no oil leaks and oil pump is pumping. Motor started second crank. Idles fine. Ran it up at fast idle -about 1400, battery is charging. Has new Tstats, poppet, water pump. Steady strong stream. Only ran it for a few moments.

Just can't make the buzzer and light go away. One additional thing I noticed, besides the buzzer was the top bar on trim indicator near the 5 was flashing in sequence with the overheat indicator?

I am gonna figure it out...I just need help from a few experts!

Thanks again,

Lucky

Comment

Working...
    X