primer bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primer bulb?

I am new to the forum and have a question.

I have an 02 60hp yam. The motor runs great but dont want to have a future problem.

The motor has a ten micron yamaha fuel/water sep. intalled between the filter and tank. The motor starts immed. but the bulb will not get hard at any time.

Is this correct. Is the filter intalled in the right place or should it be between the filter and engine.

I just bought the boat from a good friend who installed it last year.

Always having yamaha engines I remember the bulbs becoming firm.

Thanks for any advice.

smitty

Mount fuel/water separator filter between primer bulb and gas tank. Primer bulb wont stay hard when running.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Primer Bulb

The problem I am having is that the primer bulb won't get firm even before starting. The engine appears to run great.

Should I replace the hose/primer bulb or both? Should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks

Comment

I've had a continuing problem with a primer bulb on a 2006 50HP TLR 2 stroke since new.

The dealer removed the anti siphon valve from the fuel tank and seemed to help some.

But I've replaced numerous ones to get one that really pumped up hard.

Seems that Yamaha OEM (replacements ) are sort of crap(my comment). I've got a after market one on now, that seems to work OK.

But....I recently bought a Yam 8HP 2 stroke and the fuel line and primer bulb are really excellent.

It sems like everything is always hit or miss.

Try tightening the clamps on the fuel lines and replace the primer bulb(can't hurt and they are cheap !!!! Lines can leak air and not fuel !

My 10 micron filter is between the fuel tank and the primer bulb

Cheers !!!

Comment

primer bulb

Solved my problem. Called yamaha and they informed me to try holding the primer bulb with the arrow facing up(the sky).

Tried immed. and it worked perfectly. One squeeze and the bulb was firm.
          I dont remember doing this on the twin 200's but whatever.

IT WORKED.

Thanks for all your help.

smitty

Comment

Working...
          X