Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

salt build up and corrosion , how to stop and or get rid of ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salt build up and corrosion , how to stop and or get rid of ??

Salt deposits and corrosive build ups in those fine webbings and water ways of cylinder heads and blocks . What is a easy sure way of eliminating already built up deposits and stopping it from happening in the future??
    Yes i have a second hand motor ,and yes its just been apart ,and yes it had loads of crap inside . The last owner didn't do much flushing or preventative maintenance etc

Flushing is the best way to prevent build up. You didn't mention what motor you have but removing heads and water jacket covers and cleaning out water passages is what we do. Then you know the passages are open.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Flushing is the best way to prevent build up. You didn't mention what motor you have but removing heads and water jacket covers and cleaning out water passages is what we do. Then you know the passages are open.
      And so to keep them clean and gunk free and to make sure that it stays that way what can i use ?? Flushing is ok but for how long each time ?
      I usually flush with motor running for about 5 to 10 minutes each time i completely clean down the whole boat inside and out after its been in the water !

Comment

it DOES need to run long enough to open the thermostats

Comment

Working...
        X