Help!! 225 Hpdi Trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! 225 Hpdi Trouble!

I have a 04 Skeeter with a HPDI 225 on it and am having trouble after long runs in rough water. After a long hard run it starts cutting out and then dies, like it is not getting any fuel......so we open the rear hatch and pump the bulb and motor starts right back up and runs like a champ for a mile or so, then same scenario. It seems the problem only exists when running hard in rough water. I am not getting any alarms when this occurs.

Last summer/early fall I replaced the water pump and impeller, I have changed the fuel pumps, fuel filter, water separator filter, new spark plugs, poppets and have good water pressure when running down the lake. I think it could be the FUEL BULB or the GASKETS on my fuel caps? The primer bulb is not hard when this occurs and I always pump it prior to running the boat. It seems like we are losing the prime?

I have been running both tanks simultanious when this has occured. Last bass tournament we had to limp all the way in a mile or two at a time! The wind was howling and the water was rough as hell. It runs perfect in the cool morning when the water is smooth. I am running Ring Free and Yamalube. Any insight will be appreciated. Please Help!
    Last edited by jsb5387; 12-30-2008, 05:14 PM.

There may be debris in fuel Vapor Separator Tank plugging up fuel filter on electric fuel fuel pump, may need to remove and clean VST and filter. If find debris then replace fuel filter number 18 in diagram and all other fuel filters as well.
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2004 VZ225TLRC VAPOR SEPARATOR 1 Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok, thanks! I'll check that and replace the filters. So you do not think it could be the seals on my fuel tanks? or the primer bulb? Why is it happening only in rough water? Please advise. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I was haveing the same problems this summer cleaned the vst filter and tank and replaced the little inline filter after it and it solved all my problems. Heres a link on how to open up the vst tank.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/66928

After all the pics of the vst You can see the canister filter I am talking about there are two of them you don't want to take the metal adapter off of the hose like this guy did (top canister). Push down on the little black collar inbetween adapter and filter and they will seperate.

Oh yeah I have a 2000 200hp hpdi just for reference
        Last edited by Felton; 01-04-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X