'93 analogue tach/oil lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 analogue tach/oil lights

1993 70hp, genuine yamaha tach with oil warning lights.

Hi, I need to make a loom from the oil tank to the oil lights in the analogue tach (the loom is missing).

The color codes seem a bit confusing, the lights in the tach have green, yellow and red but the oil level sender has green and green/red. What connects where? Am I missing something?

The wires from oil level sensor should connect to an adapter harness and another harness connects to adapter and to gauge lights.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      The wires from oil level sensor should connect to an adapter harness and another harness connects to adapter and to gauge lights.
      Yep, but both adapter harnesses are missing and they are no longer available, so I need to make them. I need an analogue tach wiring diagram (for the oil lights), can you help me?

Comment

You have to get a service manual for wiring diagrams.
        Last edited by boats.net; 11-13-2008, 12:20 PM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I've got the genuine workshop manual and a seloc, both have very good wiring diagrams but they do not have a diagram for the analogue tach wiring. I can follow the sensor wires to the plug that exits the motor, but nothing from there.

Somewhere in the (now obsolete) harness the CDI unit must have an input to control the lights, It can't be the pink (can it?). I cannot find what that input is, or where it connects.

The 4 pin plug at the bottom of the gauge is the plug in question.

Comment

I checked availablilty and the engine harness is in stock in Japan but would take a while to get, they are part numbers.
            6H1-82541-00-00
            6H1-81971-12-00
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Check eBay .... for the first harness (6H1-82541-00-00)

Comment

Thank you very much, problem solved (I found them).

Comment

Working...
                X