Tilt/trim noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt/trim noise

My trim started making noise recently. 1999 OX66 SW250. It makes noise both on the up and down stroke. It sounds as if the unit is running out of oil and growling. The reservoir is full and does not appear to have any air bubbles. I tried bleeding it by releaseing the engine manually and nothing changed. My initial thought is the gear pump assembly if failing. Anyone have any suggestions?

The trim rams will make noise when contacting strike plates on bracket but it's usually a popping noise, put grease on top of each trim ram.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I'll give it a try. If the rams were causing it wouldn't in make the same noise when I manually lower it? Manually it is quiet.

Comment

Probably not.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The noise has continued even after trying what was suggested. Now the trim motor stops working after a few seconds of use. Both up or down. The relay appears to be cutting off the trim motor which I'm guessing is from excessive amperage. I plan on replacing the motor any other suggestions on what to look for ? Fluid level is full but still has that growling like air is in the system. Tried bleeding no change.

Comment

Probably is a bad trim motor.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X