Multi Function Gauge Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Function Gauge Help

I Have A 1999 Ox66 250 Hp 2 Stroke Engine. What Mutifunction Gauge Setup Do I Need? Had This Rigged At A Boatyard Onto A 24 Grady. They Installed A Multifunction Gauge But Tell Me That The Trim/tilt And Oil Fuctions Will Not Work With This Engine. The Cable That Goes From The Tach To The Engine Will Not Mate Up On The Engine End With The Trim/oil Plug. Is It Possible That They Installed The Wrong Gauge. It's The Gauge With Set And Mode At The Bottom. ALSO WHEN I PRESS MODE ONLY THE ENGINE HOUR ICON COMES ON AND OFF. NOTHING ELSE.

If they installed the new gauge kit with the single 4 prong connector harness that goes to engine then order 6Y5-85335-10-00 adapter harness to convert the 2 connectors on engine to single connector on gauge harness.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

multi function gauge help

Just To Make Sure We Are On The Same Page,let Me Describe All Wiring Connections That I Have Now.
      The Gauge Has 8 Wires Sticking Out The Back.
      A 4 Prong Plug Has A Grn/rd-grn/wh- A Pink And A Gray.
      The Other Four Wires Have Bullet Connectors On Them.
      They Are Blue,yellow,green And Black.
      The 4 Prong Plug That Leaves The Console To The Engine Has ,
      A Pink-gray-green/rd And A Green Also The Same When It Gets To The Motor.
      Leaving The Console Also Are A Green,yellow,blue,black,and A Black That Is Not Connected. About 2 Ft Down The Harness Are
      A Blue With A Male Bullet Plug And 2 Yellows Under A Female Bullet Connector Which Are Also Not Connected.

On The Engine Itself,there Are 2 Plugs. A Male With Orange,pink/blk
      Black And Gray Wires And A Female With Yellow,yellow/rd-green/rd
      And A Black/rd. The Two Engine Plugs Will Plug Into Each Other Although I Don't Think They Should.
      The Male Plug Coming From The Gauge Will Fit The Female Plug On The Engine But The Colors Are All Wrong. I Think The Trim/oil Sender Is The Male Engine Plug,or-pk/bl-bk-gray Wires.
      After All This Info Do You Still Think Your First Response Was Correct? I Hope So. Dan

Comment

Yes the adapter connects to the 2 connectors on engine and other end of adapter connects to gauge harness, wire colors may be different but it goes by connector color(connector has to be same color).
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Multi Function Gauge Help

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH A YAMAHA DEALER IN MY AREA. HE HAD THE PART 6Y5-85335-10-0 IN HIS HAND WHILE HE TALKED TO ME. HE SAYS IT HAS 2 PLUGS ON EACH END FOR A TOTAL OF 4 PLUGS. I ONLY HAVE 1 PLUG GOING TO THE ENGINE. THE ENGINE HAS TWO PLUGS. THAT TAKES CARE OF 2 PLUGS WE STILL HAVE 2 PLUGS LEFT OVER AND ONLY 1 PLUG RUNNING UP TO THE GAUGE. THAT TAKES CARE OF 3 PLUGS. WHAT DO I DO WITH THE REMAINING PLUG?

Comment

multi function gauge help

I Answered My Own Question. I Went To The Yamaha Dealer To Physically See The Adapter Because There Was No Picture Offered Of It Online. It Turns Out That It Will Turn Into 2 Male Plugs At The Engine Which Of Course Will Not Mate. So This Adapter "will Not Work" Saved $72 And I Will Splice The Wires Together. While I Was At Yamaha,they Gave Me The Color Code For Trim,and Oil Wiring. P.S. THE GAUGE I AM REFERRING TO HERE IS THE 8350T-90

Comment

Working...
            X