1991 TXRP200 Twin Warning Buzzers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 TXRP200 Twin Warning Buzzers

When running both engines at about 2900 rpm and when i trim the boat bow up i get two warning buzzers one from each engine both at the same time but no warning lights come on only the buzzers, and i get no RPM reduction on either engine that an overheat would cause. And when turning the key on for each engine i get the buzzer and the arrows above the red, yellow and green lights come on showing they test OK.

Once i bring the throttles down and the boat levels out the buzzers sound for about a minute and than stop, both at the same time. I have good water flow, both from the telltale stream and indicated by 15 - 20 psi water pressure on each engine and the water inlets are clear. The oil tank on each engine is full, but both of my remote tanks are each between 1/4 and 1/3 full.

Could the bow up position have the remote oil tank sensors turn on the buzzers, by sensing a low level? And it is strange that both buzzers come on at the same time and go off at the same time. This one has me stumped for sure!

try replacing filters on remote tanks....

Comment

Some of the early 90 model motors had 2 inline fuses at engine, check the Grey fuse holders, fuse may be a loose in holder and will signal an alarm.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks!

I will try both these things out as soon as i can get back down to the boat.

Comment

Working...
        X