Identifying F90 Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying F90 Part

I have Yamaha 2003 F90TLRD. I noticed yesterday after *****ing around that a 'hose' that is normally underwater was broken. I tried finding what in the world it was on the yamaha part site (http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/parts/home.aspx) but had no luck.

Couple questions:

Any clue what it is? The attached photo shows the hose dangling down (the front of the engine is facing downwards towards the right). It attaches to a little inlet valve on what I think could be termed the bottom of the 'upper casing'. I forgot to note where the upper part of the tube attaches.

Have I introduced water into the engine in a place that should be water free? Most likely this had been broken for multiple hours of usage and the engine seems to be running fine. I'm hoping I can just replace the tube and not have to have somebody tear it apart.

My boat is in a slip on Lake Lanier just north of Atlanta, GA and this is like the ump****th time I have had hoses/cables/tubes fail. So far everything has had what appears to be little teeth bites (battery cables, fuel line, numerous gauge wires) and I can only assume my boat is simply delicous to the native fish. Is it normal to have fish eat the rubber and plastic on a boat? As I am replacing stuff I am making sure it is kept as far out of the water as is possible but this latest tube is always underwater and will hard to protect.

Thanks for any help guys.
    Attached Files

that tube feeds the speedo and mounts at the upperside of the front cav plate.

Comment

Speedometer pickup tube...

Yes that's just the speedometer pickup tube. If you drop your lower unit and look at the forward top area just in front of the shift shaft you'll find a little plastic fitting that the hose would normally attach to. Often this little plastic fitting snaps off and you end up having to replace it with a brass fitting. If you don't ever look at your speedometer readout I guess this hose isnt' that important. Many people just refer to their GPS for speed readout anyway.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
      X