Any one Got any Cleaver idea's ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one Got any Cleaver idea's ??

Any one out there got ny idea's on how to stop water comming in by the hole we the Engine Cables (Steering, fuel , Electrics, etc.) exit the hull at the rear of the boat. On My boat the hole is quiet low (and big!) , when you come back off the plain, water backup up on the boat and water comes in the hole. I live in Africa and have to find an solution. (Cant just pop of the the boat shop and buy something !! ) Have thought of using a rubber boot from a car or the thing that goes around a gear leaver

You might be able to install rigging hose to route the cables and harness inside rigging hose. Look at part number
    MAR-THRUT-RS-M2 Transom bracket rigging hose
    ABB-RIGHS-BK-25 Black Rigging Hose
    http://www.boats.net/_search/commonp...er=Yamaha&ID=9
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Rigging hose

OK but that is good info but what if we do not need 25 feet ? I am having one heck of a time finding a 3 or 4 foot piece, 2 inch I.D. I have been to 13 marine stores and no one carries it BUT it is on all the boats in their lots. I asked all the parts guys and they say they do not come with the new motors and they will have to buy 50 feet to sell me 3 ft lol. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comment

you will need the right yamaha fitting to connect to your motor:

MERCURY QUICKSILVER BOAT RIGGING HOSE KIT 32-825191A03:eBay Motors (item 370219963749 end time Oct-22-09 07:24:28 PDT)

Comment

Maybe fill the hole and around the control cables with Silicone Rubber, it comes in a tube for use in a caulking gun, different colors. It would solve your problem, be inexpensive(Walmart $3/tube), and be fairly easy to remove if needed. I use Silicone for lots of places on my boat and it's great for sealing things up and stopping vibrations/noises,etc. Good Luck!

Comment

Not sure if you have a priming bulb. I've seen new boats on lots with Mercs that have a slick Y-fitting to bring the fuel line out of the rigging to the bulb and another Y-fitting that takes in back into the rigging tubing. I've never seen a source for the fitting though.
            1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
            1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
            X