90hp Power Loss at Full Throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90hp Power Loss at Full Throttle

I’ve got a ‘99 C90. I took it out the other day and while it was wide open, it felt like it started choking for gas, so I dropped the throttle. When I pushed the throttle up it felt like it was going to get up and go, but as soon as it got up around 20k it did the same thing, and just hovered around 20k. I powered down, and thinking that my gas gauge was wrong, poured in 6gal’s of fresh fuel then tried again. It fired right up and rev’ed back up to the normal 35k, then only minutes later dropped again. I ran like this for a good 10min thinking that it’ll blow whatever was choking it out, but nothing. I took it out again yesterday and it started running fine, but went down hill from there, with the day ending with us limping home. When out of gear, I can push it all the way up to 40k.

I cleaned out the fuel filter today and hopefully (weather permitting) I’ll be heading out tomorrow, to see if that fixed it.

Anybody have any suggestions?

check the ball when this is happening

try an aux tank, hose and ball hooked to motor filter

check for unspent gas out of prop exhaust

most likely dirty carbs

Comment

i own a 90 also i think it is a 93 or 95 i had the same problem i had all 3 carbies cleaned and all new needles and seeds replaced.it temporaily fixed it.but the problem came back.it was a lower crank seal leaking air.it required the power head coming off and a speedy sleave inserted the part was $60.00 but labour was about $410.00.

Comment

Working...
      X