Motor Flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Flushing

I have a new Yamaha 115 four stroke and I have been told to only flush the motor using the garden hose connection. Is using ear muffs and starting the motor not reccomended anymore? Does the hose connection do a thorough job of flushing all the saltwater from the entire motor? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a 115 and all I have ever used to flush it is the ears and have had no problem what so ever. The dealer I bought my boat from told me either way was fine and my owners manual references both ways. Hope this helps.

Comment

HI, use the flushing connection that Yamaha provided. It is not necessary to run the motor using the "ear muffs" to get all the salt out. Run water for 10/15 minutes and you are done. You even saved a little gas in the process. Merry Christmas, Dennis

Comment

I asked this same person who told me to use the hose connection about whether or not water reaches the powerhead(because of the thermastats) and he said that it does with the hose connection. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
        X