Fouled Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouled Plugs

I have a 98 150 VMAX. I recently cleaned out the carbs. I set the pilot screws and idle to specifications. The motor runs great for about half a day out on the water and then it idles poorly and will stall if not in gear. The plugs look to be oil fouled. I have cleaned and replaced, but the same thing happens each time. I have adjusted the pilot screws several times, same thing. The engine runs great with excellent excelleration and top end, so I assume that the compression is OK although I have no gauge to check it with. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion.

Damn snook, every time I catch one my beer gets warm.

Did you reconnected the oil link arm??

Comment

Everything looks to be attatched properly. I did notice the oil resevoir in the motor is above the full level aloms all of the time. I don't know if that would cause too much oil in the mixture or not.

Thanks

Comment

yes as when it overfills, it runs into airbox, into carb throats.

Comment

I wonder if that’s my problem. my plugs look to be oil fouled, and my engine cuts out after warming up. When I took the air box off I noticed oil on the bolts around the carbs. Blue stuff near top 2 carbs in pic……and its those 2 plugs that are bad.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, that just may be the answer to both of our problems. I guess I'll try a new sensor and see if the oil level evens out.

Comment

if the tank is overfilling that IS a problem but you should test your sensor before replacing as it could be something else as simple as a bad ground or corroded connections/harnesses.

Comment

Working...
              X