• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 30hp crank bearing replacement

Hi all,i own a 1995 yamaha 30hp (2cyl)and the numbers are;
    30GM 61 T S 003106 Y
    61T-80
    but the nearest i could find were C30 ERT or C30 ELRT but these appear to be identical in all the parts to my engine.
    Anyway my problem is basicaly that i need to replace both crank bearings and ideally one con rod as the small end on the rod is pitted quite badly so replacement is best i think,anyway the engine is apart and the cd repair manual states that you are able or need to pree off one bearing and then split the crank to gain access to the other bearing and also to gain access to the con rod,this i think i can do BUT i am wondering if i need to mark the crank for alignment upon rebuilding or does the crank only go together one way(i am hoping it is this one mmmm)or is it advisable to buy a new crank with the bearings and con rods fitted but as cost is a big issue this is why i am going down the rebuild route at the moment,but advise would be noted greatly.thanks

I don't have any information on the 30GM model and not sure if C30 crank is same or not. Replacing crank bearings and rod needs to be done by a crankshaft service center that has the equipment to true crank back up.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X