Oil Injection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection Problems

Problem.250 OX66 2002 oil will not pump from remote tank to engine. All float switches are good. Motor had the magnets come loose but I glued them back and motor will fill from the emergency switch. I have 6.3vdc to the motor with key on and oil level low in engine tank. When I flip the emergency switch it reads 12.4vdc.
    The alarm sounds when the last switch is activated and the engine rpms drop like they are supposed to. Any clues...could it be the computer?
    BMoney

The engine does have to be running and trimmed down to transfer oil. If it doesn't and the emergency switch does transfer oil then either the oil level sensor in boat oil tank or engine oil tank is bad or the CDI unit is bad. Also check all ground wire connections to make clean and tight.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply Boats.net I ran out this morning and checked the trim switch. It was really stiff. After excercising it I drained the engine tank and turned the key to on. No need to run engine on this model. It is a 2001 model and the pump runs great now. Filled the engine tank and shut off on cue Will check trim switch very good before running offshore. BTY was boats.net ever Central Fla Yamaha? That is where I purchased this motor in 2001. Great motor!!! this is my first problem since purchase and I am sure the inactivity is my cause for this problem.
      BMoney

Comment

I have a 2000 ox 66 200hp, manual switch turns on oil pump but oil is not pumping into reservoir on engine. Is there any advice on this. Does the engine need to be on to pump oil? IT is a 2000. Thank you.
        Runnit

Comment

Working...
        X