Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil level sensor connetions 2007 50hp 2 stroke

I ordered and installed a 6Y5-83540-05-00
    PRO SERIES TACHOMETER with oil indicator(2 Stroke Oil Injection models),tach connection was easy, not sure about oil light connection. I extended the wires for the oil lights to the engine, there is square connector below the air intake that is not connected to anything. Is this where I connect? Do I disconnect the square 2 wire connector from the oil level sensor and connect there? Not sure. Thanks.
    I would rather be fishing.

Yes that is the oil level sensors leads that you connect to. Yamaha has a harness(6Y5-83653-00-00) that connects engine to gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you, I will try that.

Comment

OK, I ordered the harness. Finally today, I had time to install the harness. I connected the harness connector to the engine connector that was under the air intake. Now when I switch ignition on, I get an alarm and no oil lights on tach. The oil tank is full. I tried connecting to the four place two wire connector from the oil tank sensor and I still get the alarm. The alarm sounds with key on engine off and with key on engine run. The oil lights never turn on. With the harness disconnected from the engine, the alarm does not sound. 50TLR built 06/06.
        What am I doing wrong?

Comment

??????

Comment

Bump

Comment

??????????????

Comment

I finally found someone with the answer........
                elswain posted this....

" Hookup problems-Yamaha Pro Series Tach with Oil lights
                I called the Yamaha Outboard Customer Service line and was told that I did in fact need another item to make this Tach/Oil Level Lights-Harness combination work. It is a relay, 6Y5-81950-02-00, that connects between the Oil connector on the Oil/Trim harness and the Oil Level Lights connector coming from the Tach. It converts the two-wire Oil Level Lights input from the Oil Sensor to a four-wire output from the relay needed as input to the Oil Level Lights on the Tach. I haven't received the relay yet to see if it works or not but it does seem reasonable."

I ordered this relay, installed it, now my oil lights work!

Comment

Working...
                X