2004 8HP 4-Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 8HP 4-Stroke

Hello everyone, first post on this board. I have 2004 8HP 4-stroke. This morning I went out to start it with the hose/muffs and noticed that there was no water coming out of the hole? I turned it off as soon as I noticed. Went over turned the hose up a little higher started the engine and no water? Do you think my impeller is shot? It was working fine a few months ago??

Thanks in advance,

check the pee hole. they get stopped up with dirt diver nests. stick a paper clip in it.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

the muffs really do not work that great on some motors
      try a garbage can or something big like that

Comment

Thanks, I'll check out the hole to see if it's clogged up..

The muffs worked fine before? It's strange..I'll try it with a bucket of water to see what happens..

Comment

Please let us know how this thing goes. My 2004 8HP 4s kicker is running water before it even starts, so it sure sounds like *something* is wrong.

Comment

I found the problem! I was talking to my buddy about it...he has a 225HP Yamaha 4s on his Parker. He was explaining that he only uses a bucket when he runs the engine out of the water. He said that those big engines do not pull water from the muffs like the smaller engines. He suggested that I disconnect the water line (it's the part that can connect directly to a garden hose) off of the engine. I did so. I screwed it off and plugged the garden hose into it. Turned on the hose and low-and-behold a small salt like rock came shooting out of the pee hole! There was a full water stream coming out of the hole once the rock was pushed out. Here's the strange part...I have never run the kicker in salt water?? I have run the 90HP in salt but I always flush it right after. I guess all the splashing around in salt clogged the pee hole on the 4s? I would have never thought of that? Anyways, I reconnected the hose and muffs and everything is back to normal. Water streams out of the pee hole without any problems now!!

Comment

Working...
            X