Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 F80 after market carb kit/floats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 F80 after market carb kit/floats???

I have a 2001 carbed F80. It doesn't get run a lot and the switch to ethanol ate the inside of my tank and caused fuel issues. I stripped the carbs down and thought I had the problem fixed, but the floats seem to stick and prevent the engine from running right. I can't get the problem fixed no matter what I do. I fixed the fuel problem by swithing tanks and replacing all fuel lines, but the engine is hard to start and the floats stick every time the engine sits for a month or I trailer it in the up position.

Does yamaha sell any replacement floats/needles to prevent this? I've talked to two different yamaha mech's and they don't have any solutions to help. I'm really sick of dealing with this problem and just want it fixed!

Thanks,
    Larry

The Yamaha carb kit does include float and valve part number 67F-W0093-00-00. You can go to this link for just the floats http://www.boats.net/yamaha/partsyst...mponent=386979
    If you are going to use ethanol then install a good water/separator fuel filter.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Boats.net,
      Thanks for the link, but is that just a replacement factory float? I'm more curious about an aftermarket float or something that performs better and doesn't stick everytime I let the engine sit for any period of time. I do run a 10 micron Racor and have been taking every step I can to avoid ethanol problems.

Thanks,
      Larry

Comment

I should clarify. What's happened is that the needles on my carbs have rubber tips. This rubber tip is gummy and not letting gas through to the carb. (May be gummy b/c of ethanol or mix of MTBE and Ethanol gas, I'm not sure.) I don't want to simply replace these rubber needles with another set of rubber tipped needles that will just gum up again.

Does anyone make an all brass needle or anything of that nature as an aftermarket part?

Comment

Working...
        X