Water pressure 225HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure 225HP

I have a 2001 ox66 225hp 3.1L my local dealer told me the pressure will always be low.At idle my pressure gauge barley if any comes off the needle and at full throttle i get 9-10Lbs.My overheat sensor has went off twice and the water pressure reading does not sound right any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Water pressure will vary between different models, boat setup, and gauges. The manual says 11 lb mininum at full throttle using Yamaha gauge installed as per manual. A zero reading at idle is not uncommon. I tell people to get use to their boat, motor and gauges and use the gauge as a guide line. If you just got this boat then replace water pump, thermostats and check the pressure control valve.

[ November 16, 2006, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: boats.net ]
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

We have a 2001 225 HP OX66 on the back of our Parker, and we had an overheat at idle alarm that troubled us for two years. Finally with the help of someone here on this site (I'm sorry I don't remember who), I isolated the pressure relief valve (pressure control valve). There are two of them and they are very inexpensive and simple to change out. The model that came on our motor had a smaller orifice that debris would get caught in and wouldn't allow it to close all the way, and it caused the motor to overheat just a couple of degrees past the alarm threshold, but not enough to do any damage; it was maddening until I got on to what the problem was. Yamaha apparently discontinued the older model and when I ordered the new parts, the valves that showed up had been redesigned with larger orifices. The story had a good ending.

Comment

Thanks for heading me in the right direction
        I will start working on that immediatly!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X