2001 ox66 150 not getting fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ox66 150 not getting fuel

My ox66 150 is not getting fuel. I have replace the two diaphram pumps and cleaned the screen filter in the VST. Still pressure is not building on the high pressure side. I crank the engine and check the schraeder valve and get nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    LCG

have someone turn the key on and hold your ear to the vst tank. do you hear the pump running when the key is turned on? it should run for about 5-8 seconds.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

how clogged was your filter and i THINK you should be able to unhook the inlet side of the tank, turn over motor to ensure you have flow from primaries. if the filter was clogged heavily or had restricted flow to it you may have burned up your hp pump....ouch.

Comment

So, just turning the key, not cranking, the pump should pressure up? I know the primary pumps are working the vst tank is full. The vst screen was pretty clogged.

Thanks

Comment

as slim said, the key will turn on the pump, the primaries when turning over will supply the tank.
          if the screen was clogged...your focus is the hp pump.

Comment

has this motor set up and if so how long?
            Michael Babuchna

Comment

It has setup 9 months or so, I start it on the hose a few times and use Stabil. Do I just need to replace the pump motor?

Comment

so you dont hear the pump come on when the key is turned on?
                Michael Babuchna

Comment

No, it doesn't seem to be working.

Comment

ok i am guessing you know how to take the vst tank apart if you cleaned the filter. you can try this and you may get lucky. its worked for me a few times in the past. take the top of the tank off and try to get all the gas out of the pump. make some jumper wires with the small loops on one end of both wires and nothing on the other end. put the loops on the studs just like the ones from the harness. take two batteries and hook up in series. (positive of 1 battery to the neg of the other). take your jumpers and hook up to the other two remaining posts. what your doing is your trying to "kick" the motor over with 24 volts because it is stuck with gummed fuel. sometimes the extra amps does turn it over. you dont want to turn it much since the fuel actually cools this pump and there wont be any going threw it. so if it turns over with 24 volts, let it run for about 5 seconds. then hook it up to just 12 volts. if it turns with 24 and not with 12 then run it on 24 another time. usually no more then two times is needed if it even breaks free. now if it does break free and will run on 12 volts, put it back together and before you mount the top back on the tank, pour just a little bit of fuel conditioner or stabil in the tank. this will help clean some more of the gummed fuel out when its running. CAUTION- BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING THIS SINCE BOTH FUEL AND BATTERY VOLTAGE WILL BE PRESENT. LET THE LAST CONNECTION BE MADE AT ONE OF THE BATTERIES AND NOT THE PUMP. let me know what happens and i hope you can get by without shelling out for a new pump. last time i priced one they were about 600.00
                    Michael Babuchna

Comment

Hi again

Sorry, it took me so long to get back, winter came and I got sidetracked by my hobby car. To many hobbies not enough time.

I tried the method to free up the pump today with no luck, it did not turn, hum, get warm or anything. So, I assume the pump is toast. I also need the gasket for the VST, the one on it seems swelled and won't fit back in the slot. Can't seem to find it in the parts catalog on this site. Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks for the help.
                      Les

Comment

Working...
                      X