RodBolt....Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RodBolt....Help

2002 250hp sxtxra....No spark , have checked everything you have ever posted in every forum. Good readings on every part of ignition system,fuel system good,pulser coils good readings,Stator and pulser tested good with peak meter while cranking.. had motor running three seperate saturdays in a row...an hour later nothing..had mechanic out today and he is stumped..even tried good cdi unit i asked him to bring..Hooked up his remote start box to engine harness..still no spark at all..he is coming back tomorrow with cps to see if that is problem but I dont believe that would cause no spark..with engine running last week i disconnected harness and engine shut off right away,supposedly it should have kept running, so problem should be mainly centered around engine compartment.Kill switch system tested out good but I never disconnected it at the cdi and tried to start, i am really thinking must be bad ground wire somewhere but I have checked and cleaned every one I could find.Any thoughts on what else causes no spark and any known bad grounds or wires prone to corrosion I should look for...No Master Mechanics around here and I could probably get my certification just from all your replies..Think I have tried everything that should cause no spark...have done nothing with TPS..mechanic said today that would not prevent spark..even borrowed goo main relay from local shop last week and no change at all,..all fuses on engine are good, engine cranks strong, batteries good...Hope you can give me some ideas

How did you get the engine started so you could disconnect the harness while it was running??

Comment

Not sure, maybe jiggled wire first time, second time was just kept cranking til battery was almost dead lol and last time did absolutely nothing...everytime I let engine run twenty minutes in and out of gear, forward and reverse,shut off twenty minutes later try again and nothing...last time after running for twenty minutes i disconnected harness and it shut right off,was told it should keep running with harness disconnected which makes me think some bad wire on engine,just dont know where to look since everything that would prevent spark is testing good while cranking

Comment

Not too sure I follow your thinking, you say you disconnect the harness and it stops, so, you assume a "bad wire" on the engine? so by that thinking, by plugging the harness in, it somehow fixes the suspect bad wire?

Comment

they never built an sxtxra.

so I guess to start with we need a model number.
          it may be a sx250txra.
          wasteing time on the CPS.

Comment

Rodbolt what kind of ignition system does the SX250TXRA have.
            are there charge coils?
            OP if there are proper peak voltage readings that you took, post them up.
            saying they are good may not give the best info.
            also tell what you used to take these reading

Comment

an sx250txra has a CDI ign.
              uses two charge coils to power left and right bank.
              uses 6 pulser coils with a common ground to trigger spark.
              the ECU needs 12v to work.

at the risk of being cruel.
              it is a stupidly simple system.

Comment

SX250 TXRA...you know what I meant lol...After confirming no spark ,he tested stator without load and pulsers without load...he had shop manual for VX engines and I guess volt readings were correct,I didnt see the voltage on meter, I will find out today...Mechanic only works on Hondas and Yamahas so I take it he has done these tests a few times and knows when stator or pulser is bad..he was using some sort of peak meter better than the $15 one I used to check resistances..Today he will be back with winky blinky light..On board oil harness or wires have anything to do with no spark? Yes stupidly simple system that has been bugging me for three weeks before I actually had to get mechanic here,My old mechanic died two years ago and I learned alot from him and only trusted him working on my boat,I am sure he would have had this figured out in an hour,some sensor has to be sending signal to ECM to cancel spark..tested Good ECM he brought with both his remote box and helm controls hooked up,so it has to be a sensor sending signal to cancel spark I am guessing...or ground wire somewhere on engine that I cant find..Had running three saturdays in a row only to have no spark again when trying to restart minutes later...fuel is going through motor and coming out exhaust after cranking and plugs are wet..LP pumps replaced three weeks ago..definitely electrical problem,just not sure where to look now as everything seems to be working...Just no spark has to be a completely stupid thing I am overlooking and now paying someone to find this problem that he has never encountered...

Comment

Batteries are brand new this week..How to test that ECU is actually getting 12V??

Comment

Got it started ,and repeatedly starts now...quickly putting in gear and nuetral several times while cranking it will kick right over...think switch is sticking on motor....still stops running when engine harness is disconnected...Thought it should keep running without harness connected??

Comment

Don't quite know why you would even try putting it in and out of gear while trying to start it, but anyway, how about this, the safety cutout switch is shot, the alarm does not work, so, when testing for spark there is none (lanyard switch faulty) but jiggling the gear lever temporarily fixes switch and allows ignition, motor starts, try again later, switch is bad again! pretty far fetched? yep, but who knows?

Comment

Nope,those were the first things I ever checked,all were good which is why I moved back to engine...safety switch on motor is stuck open...occasionally it is shutting from moving controls all done with his Fluke tester...Looks pretty corroded and is not too expensive...winky blinky light showed no codes..Hopefully find a switch in the morning and be able to finally take a relaxing boat ride in the afternoon...

Comment

get sensors out of you knoggin.
                          there are NO sensors that will kill sparkles on all six.
                          there is not a lot of difference between the sx and vx other than the sx uses CCS and the VX does not.

Comment

Narrow it down to safety switch on motor connected to shift lever...getting no readings forward, neutral, or reverse from switch...going to look at properly working motor first to make sure it's not mechanical issue instead of switch because I don't understand how that switch is activated in the first place, doesn't seem to do anything on my motor..unplugged and tried jumping end to ecu with paperclip and still no start...need master mechanic but there is a shortage of 2 stroke master mechanics around here

Comment

okay forget about switches and sensors....where is best place in engine harness to rip off tape and check wires???? Staor is good pulsers are good...has to be in harness somewhere....cant even get started anymore...Ripping my hair out now

Comment

Working...
                              X