Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Yamaha 9.9 MLHX Top Cowling needed

I dropped my 9.9 and exploded the top cowling, part number (revised) is
    6G9-42610-30-00. Can't find one anywhere, including eBay. I thought I had one at I-Boats because they took my money but a week and a half later they just sent a note that they aren't in stock. Could use any help. I've tried SIM Yamaha, Marineengine.com and a few others. Otherwise it'll have to be a parts machine.

Update: I've found that these cowlings will also fit if anyone has one available:

1995 F9.9MLHT TOP COWLING
    1995 F9.9MSHT TOP COWLING
    1996 F9.9MLHU TOP COWLING
    1996 F9.9MSHU TOP COWLING
    1997 F9 TOP COWLING
    1997 F9.9MLHV TOP COWLING
    1997 F9.9MSHV TOP COWLING
    1997 F9MHV TOP COWLING
    1998 F9.9ELRW TOP COWLING
    1998 F9.9MLHW TOP COWLING
    1998 F9.9MSHW TOP COWLING
    1999 F9.9ELRX TOP COWLING
    1999 F9.9MLHX TOP COWLING
    1999 F9.9MSHX TOP COWLING
    2000 F9.9ELRY TOP COWLING
    2000 F9.9MLHY TOP COWLING
    2000 F9.9MSHY TOP COWLING
    2001 F9.9ELRZ TOP COWLING
    2001 F9.9MLHZ TOP COWLING
    2001 F9.9MSHZ TOP COWLING
    Last edited by valtrent; 08-25-2017, 01:02 PM. Reason: Updated information

I don't see why a 9.9MSH or 15MSH upper cowling will not work. They both sit on the same bottom cowling that your 9.9MLHX sits on. Same gasket is used.

Readily available from Yamaha via boats.net

63V-42610-20-00 TOP COWLING ASSEMBLY

Not sure why you would be looking for an upper cowling for an F9.9 if you have a 9.9, which you say you do.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 08-25-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

That would be great if the bases are the same. Any idea of the mounting brackets/locations vs the older model?

Comment

the main question at this point is , is the motor a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke?
        you listed a lot of 4 strokes in you post.

Comment

It is a 4 stroke.

Comment

Well that should throw a monkey wrench into the info boscoe gave you.
            2 and 4 strokes are different animals

Comment

Originally posted by valtrent View Post
              It is a 4 stroke.
              Why did you say in the title of your message that it was a two stroke? A 9.9MLHX.

A four stroke would be an F9.9MLHX.

Same methodology for an F9.9MLHX vis a via a T9.9ELR.

Bottom cowl is part number 6G8-42711-02-4D for both. The gasket for the top cowl is 6G8-42615-01-00 for both. I would hazard a guess that a T9.9 cowl will fit your F9.9. Graphics will be different of course.

6G8-42610-60-4D YAMAHA TOP COWLING ASSY

Comment

Sorry Boscoe. Didn't mean to leave anything out and just don't know enough about it to know what to include sometimes, especially after talking to 10 different parts sellers and looking at a couple hundred internet pictures and websites.
                You make a compelling case for either one of the cowlings. Aside from what looks like a washer (12) on the two stroke, they look to be exactly the same.
                Here are a couple of pictures of mine, or what's left of it:

Cowling reduced.pdf

Cowling inside reduced.pdf

Comment

The illustrations that I have posted are both for four strokes. One is your model and the other is for a model for which the cowling is still available.

Item 12 is just a decal that has since been added.

Comment

Top cowling 6G8-42610-60-4D ordered. Thanks Boscoe99. I'll report back if I learn anything new! Sure appreciate the help.

Comment

1998 Yamaha 4 stroke top cowling needed

Reporting back with good news for me!! Perfect fit and looks great!
                      Thanks for the advice Boscoe99. Really appreciated! Good to have this resource. All the best to you all.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. I was scared to open this thread, thinking that maybe the cowling did not fit after all.

Glad that it all worked out for you.

Comment

Can you share with me how to determine what cowlings would also fit my Yamaha 2007 200hp HPDI?

Comment

Seems to me that some fiberglass cloth, resin, sandpaper and black paint that old cowling might have been repaired....but you must have just wanted a new one...good luck!

Comment

Working...
                            X