YAMAHA 55AE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMAHA 55AE

Can anyone help me . I have a Yamaha 55Ae ,it runs but could do with a service and a few other things , i am trying to find a service book and a parts book .. or anyone I could take it to for it too be looked at . One of the main things is reverse needs adjusting .can someone help .

Use model number C55ELRP to get information on your motor. Use this link for parts http://www.boats.net/yamaha/partsyst...&model=C55ELRP
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi,

i have a yamaha 55AE as well that i have had for about a year. I have not found any information about this engine. I was told by my local marine "spe******ts" that i needed a new gear box and would cost me £2000. I was also told that this engine was a 1984/85 model. Since this we have not been back to these so called "spe******ts" and have heard lots of bad comments about them. Any way, i posted on this forum before and some one said that it was similar to the USA version C55ELRP.

Would this mean that my engine is in fact a 1991 model ? and would parts from the C55ELRP model fit my outboard.

Is there a phone number i can ring or someone i can speak to in england who will give me some good idea of what i have on the back of my boat ?

Any help would be very usefull to me.
      John

Comment

Working...
      X