Multi-Function Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Function Tach

I have just installed a Yamaha multi-function tach on my 2012 90 HP 4 stroke engine and I have connected the 4 pin harness to engine and tach, hooked up tach wires and untaped the white connections at front of cowling and connected them. Switches on tach are set at 1-on, 2-off, 3-on. Tach works but trim indicator and hour meter do not. Not sure about oil and temp. Have I missed something?

seems to me you have conflated aspects of the "Command Link" system and the "conventional" instruments

with the non- Command Link - "multifunction" tach,

you do not connect the yellow-taped white connections at front of cowling

and the hours which it displays are only the hours that the gauge itself accumulates while connected to a running engine - NOT the hours stored in the ECU

Comment

Trim gauge still will not work with the 2 wires disconnected.

Comment

is the gauge showing for trim all bars - or none?

Comment

Trim is showing on all bars and top bar is blinking.

Comment

Inspect the trim sender. Located on the clamp bracket. If it is not sending data to the tachometer the tachometer will not respond.

Start the motor and then observe the tachometer hour reading. Run the motor for about just over an hour. The hour meter should then record an additional hour.

The low oil pressure icon will flash only if and when there is low oil pressure. Similarly, the over temperature icon will flash only if and when the motor is too hot.

Comment

Working...
            X