100hp connecting rod bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100hp connecting rod bearings

I need to know which connecting rod bearings are needed for 100hp Yamaha outboard. Yr. 2000 TLRY. There are different colors available and little information on which is the correct one. What I can read on the old bearing says "STD G Z3 Ford" The number on the crankshaft is 91.
    Thanks, Jason

I suspect that this is an F100. F as in four stroke.

The service manual for the F100 tells you how to determine the bearing colour.

For instance, the crankshaft main journal diameter is 47.900" plus the value stamped on the crankshaft adjacent to the journal being measured. Say it is 91. You add the 91 to the 47.900' to come up with 47.991".

Now go to the block. It is 54.000" plus the value stamped on the block. Let's assume it is 32. Add the 32 to the 54.000" to come up with 54.032".

Subtract the crankshaft dimension from the block dimension. 54.032 minus 47.991 equals 6.041. For this number the SM says to use a blue bearing on the cylinder side and a blue bearing on the crankcase side.

You then install the crankshaft into the block using Plastigage to verify that the clearance is within tolerance. If the tolerances are not correct, but the crankshaft journals are within allowable limits, you can go to a thicker bearing to get the tolerances within limits.

Comment

Yes it is F100. I'll check out those numbers see if I can make sense of it, thanks! Jason

Comment

Working...
      X