Yamaha gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha gauges

I just replace Yamaha tachs on my twin 2001 250 2 strokes. I have a FMG gauge, volt meters on each engine and a non working analog fuel gauge. I also have Yamaha digital fuel gauge with battery and trip functions that has got to the point of being non-readable. Would I be getting any additional useful info if I replace the speedometer. Also from earlier post I have replaced all filters on motors and have not had the chance to test the RPM drop yet.

Originally posted by oldcobia View Post
    Would I be getting any additional useful info if I replace the speedometer.
    I'm not trying to chastise your words quoted above...maybe you meant to phrase your question differently. I don't know. Either way, the answer to this question above is yes. Because all gauges provide useful information. Each gauge provides a particular measurement, or multiple measurements, of what is happening with the motor. The more information you have access to, the more informed you will be.

Shot in dark here, maybe you meant to ask if the speedometer gauge is essential? The answer to this question is no. Why? Do you need to know speed, fuel level, volts? None off these measurements provided on the 1 multifunction gauge are essential. They are helpful, and sure they are pretty sweet. Fix your analog fuel gauge (sender?) and you just eliminated 1 of the 3 functions the gauge provides.

The rpm gauge is the essential one. Not only because it's necessary to monitor rpms, but more importantly, your alarms are tied into this gauge.

So it's just a matter of what you need to feel confident running the motor. Some need to know speed, volts, etc. Many others do not, including yours truly.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Yes, you would get additional useful info. Simply because the more info about your engine you have access to the more informed you are of its performance. If you meant to ask if the speedometer gauge is necessary, the answer is no. Fix your analog fuel gauge (sender malfunction?) and you've just made 1 of the 3 modes of the multifunction speedometer gauge redundant. Monitoring volts and speed is non essential, it's more of a luxury.
      Last edited by Jason2tpa; 04-23-2017, 10:13 PM.
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
      X