Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheared off water intake female

Good afternoon,
    Short story, I sheared off the part shown in the pictures. 2007 F250 4stroke, water intake hose.

Any bones you can throw me on how to fix would be great.

Long story available on request.

You may be able to see the male has sheared off inside the female. Super Glue won't work (I would bet!)

Thanks in advance,

Randy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Angler Management; 02-14-2017, 07:26 PM.

I would not fix that. I would only replace it. Were a repair to fail while the motor was idling it is possible the motor could over heat from lack of cooling water.

But they do make some very good glues today.

Comment

I have mis-typed.

Of course I would not glue or duct tape this back together. Of course I'd replace the part.

So how to repair the engine by replacing this part. Anyone have this happen? Part number? Easy do it yourself or hard have a certified Yammy Master do it...

Oils recently changed, thermostat too. No real need to go to the shop for anything but this...

?

R

Comment

What exactly is it? The pictures are so close up, and on the side.

Comment

I'm sorry, it's a water intake, on my port F250 (the undamaged one is the picture of my STBD F250) both engines with 800 or so hours, great regular maintenance, no issues at all.

Boat hit a log and part of the log snapped up and hit this, or so I assume... it's the only explanation.

?

R

Comment

Doubt that its a big deal to replace - and <$10

68T-12572-00-00 YAMAHA ADAPTER

Comment

it is not an intake, it is the blockoffplate/storage for the flush hose. easy to replace if it does not leak when running with the gearcase submerged run it and in the meantime if it does leak simply go down to the hardware store and by a fitting that plugs a garden hose.

Comment

UH OH.... that's good news and bad news....

Good news that it's $10, and can be plugged with anything.

Bad news because why did my engine overheat alarm go off? Guess it is time to go to the boat doctor...

R

Comment

About a five minute job to replace if it is readily accessible.

Comment

depends on the F250, not all used a water pressure control valve they just happened to make 250 HP.
                    if it is a model that does not use a pressure control valve and it is disconnected or leaking badly it may bleed off enough pressure to crate idle speed overheats.
                    or you have other issues that are coincidental.

Comment

OK...

It has to be connected since this snapped off at the exact same time I got a high temp alarm.

Immediately after hitting a small log in my 30' Grady white, going about 30mph, loga about 3" around by 2' long. Immediately shut down the port engine and trimmed up. Props looked pristine. No plastic bags blocking. But did have this 14-18" snapped off stick with a fresh jagged cut edge bobbing around between port and starboard engines.

I'm assuming it was pinned against the hull, hit the leg, and the inboard portion flew up and popped this piece and sheared it off...??? Coincidence.

So the thought is that with this hose dangling, there's a possibility that the engine doesn't sense pressure build up, and by stopping up the end with a replacement part or other such device (even a garden hose turned on...?) it may fire right up?

Thanks
                      R

Comment

if your not using it to flush simply plug off the hose until the correct parts can be obtained.
                        in normal running conditions it is on the pressure side of the water pump and blows water out.
                        as not all F250 motors use pressure control valves it is possible to lose to much pressure at idle.

Comment

OK that sounds like just what is going on.

I ordered the $10 part, will be here this weekend, I'll go down to the boat and do some experiments.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Comment

So finally got around to fixing this. I put the boat on the trailer for her spring overhaul.

A few things.

1- most important- the engine turns over but won't fire. Recall I got an overheat alarm as my first sign of trouble, then noticed the hose had failed. Didn't run the engine at all until today, after I freshwater flushed her for a long time and then hooked up the earmuffs.. This is port engine. Starboard torches off just fine immediately.

2- the screws to drop the broken bracket down are under the throttle control. I can access one of them, but the second one I seriously can't believe is under this throttle control bracket. See photo.

1- What am I missing on Port...? Is there a relay I need to reset? Engine sounds great, just won't spark.

2- is it worth deconstructing the throttle assembly to access these two screws? Or am I just MacGyvering it in place until winter (understood that if I can't get port started she's headed to the shop anyway....)

Thanks for your help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did you pull the spark plugs and see no spark???

I looked at the parts fisch but couldn't find that throttle plate mount (how it attaches)

I would think, removing the throttle cable, then unbolting any/all bolts holding that mount shouldn't be that difficult..
                              Scott
                              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                              X