Rigging grommet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigging grommet

I have a pair of 2016 F300s. In looking through the service manual,page 3-8, I noticed the rigging grommet description. One of the openings in the grommet is labeled flushing hose (labelled 'e'). I called Yamaha about this and was told that it was for a flushing attachment so that the engines could be flushed from inside the boat. But he didn't know whats involved or who to recommend for information other than the dealer. By the way, the opening is offset so that will not go down through the rigging tube. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by pectoralfin; 12-05-2016, 09:17 PM. Reason: change

Flushing hose is disconnected from the current fitting. Pulled back inside the cowling and then re-routed out the grommet port. The fitting is then reinstalled.

It cannot be routed into the rigging hose since there would then be no way to get access to the hose.

The fittings from two motors can then be connected to a non-Yamaha flushing device, locally made up from Home Depot stuff or you can buy one readily made. Like as shown in this photo, just installed forward of the motors if one so desires.

Double Flusher Twin Outboard Engine Flush Kit [THDFMK-1-DP] - $31.95

Comment

Working...
    X