Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115hp V4 2 Stroke won't start

Hi

We were on the water last weekend and the fuel hose came off the click on the tank and we stopped. I have not been able to start the motor since. The hose is priming fine it just doesn't fire when I try to start it.

Please help.

Are you sure your priming to the carbs? Is your primer bulb getting hard?

Complete model # will help us diagnose, example "C115TXRX"
    Chuck,
    1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Yeah it definitely gets hard and I took cowling off to make sure line wasn't blocked.

Comment

Model is 115CETO there is fuel in top carb as well.

Comment

How do you know there is fuel in top carb, or either carb for that matter? Did you unscrew the drain plug?

Unlikely but you might have a big airlock somewhere in the fuel line. I would start from the tank and work all the the back to the carb. Unscrew fuel/water separator, squeeze primer bulb. Unscrew input to fuel filter, squeeze primer bulb. Unscrew carbs drain screw just enough for a drip, squeeze primer bulb. Once you've confirmed fuel is reaching carbs, let us know and we'll go from there.
          Jason
          1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

On a motor that will not start, 1st thing to do is check for spark.

kill switch coming off has bitten many people

Comment

Yes have done that and their is fuel in the carbs. Have checked and there is slight spark but seems to be a lot of oil on plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian99! View Post
                Yes have done that and their is fuel in the carbs. Have checked and there is slight spark but seems to be a lot of oil on plugs.
                Fouled plugs, changes them.
                Chuck,

Comment

the fuel hose came off the click on the tank and we stopped. I have not been able to start the motor since.
                  Despite the fuel hose breaking free from the tank, this isn't a fuel issue. The motor would have continued running for a short amount of time with the fuel hose detached, especially since you confirmed fuel in the carbs.

Go with the latest suggestions...change plugs.
                  Jason

Comment

Ok so four new plugs installed and still no luck, I got a few single pops but no luck. Taking the plug out afterwards and it seems that fuel is getting to them. The kill switch is on ok as well.

Comment

Ok so four new plugs installed and still no luck, I got a few single pops but no luck. Taking the plug out afterwards and it seems that fuel is getting to them. The kill switch is on ok as well.
                      Are you sure your battery is fully charged?
                      Chuck,

Comment

If you have an extra body, remove #1 spark plug leaving cap on. Ground the plug by holding plug threads against block. Turn over engine. Watch plug gap to confirm blue spark. Repeat with all plugs.

If you've confirmed good spark on all, try spraying a little starter fluid in the carb throat.
                        Jason

Comment

Don't spray starter fluid anywhere, in fact, toss the starter fluid in the bin, why would you suspect a spark issue, then suggest spray starter fluid? Troubleshoot methodically and determine spark, yes or no, then move on, seeing as it all "seemed" to happen when the fuel line fell off, is the fitting on the tank still OK?

Comment

Yeah the fitting is ok and there is fuel getting to carby. Someone suggested a fuel stabiliser??

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                              why would you suspect a spark issue, then suggest spray starter fluid?
                              This wouldn't be a complete thread without ausnoelm lashing out negative criticism. Re-read my post and you'll see me write "if you've confirmed good spark on all"
                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X