1992 115TLRQ 2 cycle potential problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 115TLRQ 2 cycle potential problems

Just bought a 2002 boat has a 1992 115TLRQ Yamaha outboard. Is there any common issue that I need to look out for on this model engine? It is very clean and seems to run fine. Also, what is a good source for parts for these motors?
    Thanks for any help/suggestions in advance.

keep, oil and fuel systems clean
    it is an old motor
    hopefully it was used often as motors that sit around for too long can have problems

Comment

Thanks,, It has the oil injection bypassed, and the powerhead does look pretty new, but not sure how to tell. compression is 110-115 on all cylinders. Are there any electronics that would be recommended to replace as a safety measure?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stuckonshore View Post
        Thanks,, It has the oil injection bypassed, and the powerhead does look pretty new, but not sure how to tell. compression is 110-115 on all cylinders. Are there any electronics that would be recommended to replace as a safety measure?
        Thanks
        Well, personally, I don't like when a motors oil injection system has been "bypassed". I would see if most of the components are still there an hook her back up, test, and adjust (you should get a Yamaha Service Manual for your Engine).
        Look at the diagram and see what you have and don't have. By the way, Boats.net is a good place for parts.
        1992 115TLRQ Yamaha Outboard OIL PUMP Diagram and Parts
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Originally posted by stuckonshore View Post
          Thanks
          The oil injection system is one of the most reliable. I would put that back in place.

Not sure what years they changed the shift shaft but the earlier years were prone to rust.

Comment

Working...
          X