Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 200hp four stroke alarms

Hello,
    Could some help me please, went to start the motor as its been sitting for a while and on turning the key got the usual bussing sound but it didn't stop and then the overheat alarm sounded as well, the motor wasn't even going

Originally posted by sharkcat 23 View Post
    Hello,
    Could some help me please, went to start the motor as its been sitting for a while and on turning the key got the usual bussing sound but it didn't stop and then the overheat alarm sounded as well, the motor wasn't even going
    can you tell us what the"the usual bussing sound" is?

Comment

Start simple with battery condition. Check your voltage out put. You said it did nothing

Comment

Originally posted by marchmadness View Post
        Start simple with battery condition. Check your voltage out put. You said it did nothing
        Been stated on this forum before that low voltage can create all sorts of codes and havoc. Charging/testing batteries would be a logical first step. How long has this boat been in storage?

Comment

Is this a twin motor set up?

How do you tell the difference between the over temperature alarm and the low oil pressure alarm?

Comment

I just want to know what the"the usual bussing sound" is?

and is it something different than any other alarm

Comment

I brought the boat as a project boat, the motors were on and wired up, from the first time I started them there is a horn that sounds for approx 5 seconds on either motor as soon as I turn the key, the starboard motor starts fine the port motor as soon as you turn the key you get the horn which doesn't turn off and within 5 seconds the other alarm sounds as well, I thought it might be overheat, ( how do I find out) previously this motor has ran just fine, the battery is brand new and fully charged, motors started once a month and ran for a while as boat is still not finished, batteries always charged

Comment

ok twins self test,
                what indicates are on the tach?
                does the port engine start?
                \

Comment

No indicators are showing on tach and port engine will turn over easily just not start, Starboard engine works fine

Comment

Working...
                  X