High idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High idle

I have a 2005 90 hp 4stroke. When I start it the idle goes to 2000 rpm and stays there. Does anyone know what the problem is? Cable is new and operating correctly. Thanks in advance.

Another EFI model using an Idle Speed Control Valve. Is this ISC valve month?

Is this happening with the throttle cable disconnected at the motor?

Have you removed the air intake box to confirm that that the throttle is fully closed?

Have you inspected the idle speed control valve?

I would first inspect the wiring to the connector that attaches to the idle speed control valve and the pins within the connector as well. The wires are known to snag on the engine cowl and over time become damaged. Defective wiring to the ISC valve can cause idle RPM problems.

Do you know how to check continuity from a pin at the end of a wire to a pin at the other end of that same wire?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Another EFI model using an Idle Speed Control Valve. Is this ISC valve month?

Is this happening with the throttle cable disconnected at the motor?

Have you removed the air intake box to confirm that that the throttle is fully closed?

Have you inspected the idle speed control valve?

I would first inspect the wiring to the connector that attaches to the idle speed control valve and the pins within the connector as well. The wires are known to snag on the engine cowl and over time become damaged. Defective wiring to the ISC valve can cause idle RPM problems.

Do you know how to check continuity from a pin at the end of a wire to a pin at the other end of that same wire?
      Beats 6 shorted injectors......

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
        Beats 6 shorted injectors......
        On a four cylinder F90 motor that would be a problemo.

Comment

Working...
        X