704 remote Switch panel wiring for LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 704 remote Switch panel wiring for LED's

I have a Yamaha 90TLRB that has a 704 remote. The switch panel is pretty much normal like all I have seen, however there are two LED's for Overheat and Low Oil. I can't find the wiring diagram that tells me which wires go to what? If someone had this info it would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Richard
    Conway, AR

The green wire with a red tracer should be for low oil quantity and the gray wire should be for over temperature.

Are the lights installed in the dash panel? I suspect this is something done by the boat builder.

Are the wires presently connected to the LED's?

The LED's should be getting voltage from the key switch. When the key is on that is. They are grounded by the motor to light them up.

Comment

Thanks so much Boscoe!
      I couldn't believe the lack of this anywhere. I believe you are probably correct. It is a Harris Flotebote. Love it, but both were disconnected and I kind of like things hooked up. I think though that they undid it because of the buzzer. We shall see. But the last thing I wanted to to was "just hook it up and see what it does". Ok, well I am in the condition of a bad red wire in my 10 pin cable. Fun! Thanks again!

Comment

The buzzer should be part of the key switch panel.

Pull the kill switch lanyard, crank the motor and see if the buzzer sounds.

The buzzer tells you there is a problem. The light(s) tell you what the problem is.

Comment

Working...
        X